This course provides learners with the foundation skills required to carry out basic computer operation and use applied digital technologies in various contexts. Students will establish and develop skills across a range of common software programs and digital media, including digital imaging. The qualification is suitable to students who are seeking general employment or wish to commence on a pathway toward a career in IT.
Prior to enrolment all students must undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment. To be deemed suitable to undertake this course, it is recommended students should be:
- Enrolled in Year 11 or above at the time of commencing the course; AND
- Achieving the following ACSF levels:
- Learning 3
- Reading 3
- Writing 3
- Oral Communication 3
- Numeracy 3
The qualification is comprised of the following 12 units of competency.
- BSBWHS211 Contribute to the health and safety of self and others
- ICTICT213 Use computer operating systems and hardware
- BSBSUS211 Participate in sustainable work practices
- BSBTEC202 Use digital technologies to communicate in a work environment
- ICTICT214 Operate application software packages
- ICTICT215 Operate digital media technology packages
- BSBTEC101 Operate digital devices
- BSBTEC201 Use business software applications
- BSBPEF201 Support personal wellbeing in the workplace
- BSBPEF202 Plan and apply time management
- ICTICT216 Design and create basic organisational documents
- CUADIG202 Develop digital imaging skills
Note: Electives may be subject to change.
In class, online or blended.
Delivery plans can be negotiated over 12, 18 or 24 months, depending on the year group and school.