Employability Skills are more important than ever! This course has been designed to assist learners with employability skills and the ability to work in the digital world. Employability skills are highly valued by employers and industry and include; communication, team work, problem solving, planning and organising. This course also increases language, literacy and numeracy skills, providing students with the fundamental abilities to participate in work, community and further education.
Prior to enrolment all students must undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment. To be deemed suitable to undertake this course, it is recommended students should be:
- Enrolled in Year 10 or above at the time of commencing the course; AND
- Achieving the following ACSF levels:
- Learning 3
- Reading 3
- Writing 3
- Oral Communication 3
- Numeracy 2
The qualification is comprised of the following 14 units of competency.
- FSKLRG011 Use routine strategies for work-related learning
- BSBWHS211 Contribute to the health and safety of others
- BSBCMM211 Apply communication skills
- BSBPEF202 Plan and apply time management
- BSBTEC202 Use digital technologies to communicate in a work environment
- FSKLRG007 Use strategies to identify job opportunities
- FSKLRG010 Use routine strategies for career planning
- FSKOCM007 Interact effectively with others at work
- FSKWTG009 Write routine workplace texts
- FSKLRG009 Use strategies to respond to routine workplace problems
- FSKRDG010 Read and respond to routine workplace information
- FSKDIG003 Use digital technology for routine workplace tasks
- FSKNUM015 Estimate, measure and calculate routine metric measurements for work
- FSKNUM014 Calculate with whole numbers and familiar fractions, decimals and percentages for work
Note: Electives may be subject to change.
In class, online or blended.
Delivery plans can be negotiated over 12, 18 or 24 months, depending on the year group and school.