This course has been created to assist learners who need skills to prepare for a vocational pathway qualification or further foundation skills development. Students progressing through this course will also develop the skills essential for participating in and benefitting from education and training, finding meaningful work or taking part in the greater community.
Prior to enrolment all students must undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment. To be deemed suitable to undertake this course, it is recommended students should be:
- Enrolled in Year 9 or above at the time of commencing the course; AND
- Achieving the following ACSF levels:
- Learning 2
- Reading 3
- Writing 2
- Oral Communication 3
- Numeracy 2
The qualification is comprised of the following 11 units of competency.
- FSKLRG008 Use simple strategies for work-related learning
- FSKWTG006 Write simple workplace information
- FSKRDG007 Read and respond to simple workplace information
- FSKNUM009 Use familiar and simple metric measurements for work
- FSKDIG002 Use digital technology for simple workplace tasks
- FSKOCM003 Participate in familiar spoken interaction at work
- BSBCMM211 Apply communication skills
- FSKOCM007 Interact effectively with others at work
- BSBWHS211 Contribute to the health and safety of self and others
- FSKLRG010 Use routine strategies for career planning
- FSKLRG007 Use strategies to identify job opportunities
Note: Electives may be subject to change.
In class, online or blended.
Delivery plans can be negotiated over 12, 18 or 24 months, depending on the year group and school.