Students undertaking this course will explore the visual arts and develop their painting, drawing and design skills, as well as underpinning knowledge of arts and craft practices.
Prior to enrolment all students must undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment. To be deemed suitable to undertake this course, it is recommended students should be:
- Enrolled in Year 10 or above at the time of commencing the course; AND
- Achieving the following ACSF levels:
- Learning 3
- Reading 2
- Writing 3
- Oral Communication 2
- Numeracy 2
The qualification is comprised of the following 9 units of competency.
- CUARES202 Source and use information relevant to own work practice
- BSBWHS211 Contribute to the health and safety of self and others
- CUAPPR211 Make simple creative work
- CUAACD201 Develop drawing skills to communicate ideas
- CUAPAI211 Develop painting skills
- CUADRA201 Develop drawing skills
- BSBCRT201 Develop and apply thinking and problem solving skills
- CUADES201 Follow a design process
- CUAPPR203 Stored finished creative work
Note: Electives may be subject to change.
In class, online or blended.
Note: this course is currently only available via an Auspice arrangement. We encourage schools to express interest if they wish for SIDE RTO to deliver the course directly in future.
Delivery plans can be negotiated over 12, 18 or 24 months, depending on the year group and school.