Everybody needs to start somewhere. This qualification reflects the role of individuals who have not yet entered the workforce and are developing the necessary skills in preparation for work. Students are equipped to carry out basic procedural, clerical, administrative or operational tasks that require self-management and technology skills. This course is designed to establish within the learner a fundamental understanding of current practice in business operations, as well as increase literacy and numeracy.
Prior to enrolment all students must undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment. To be deemed suitable to undertake this course, it is recommended students should be:
- Enrolled in Year 10 or above at the time of commencing the course; AND
- Achieving the following ACSF levels:
- Learning 3
- Reading 2
- Writing 3
- Oral Communication 2
- Numeracy 2
The qualification is comprised of the following 10 units of competency.
- BSBCMM211 Apply communication skills
- BSBOPS201 Work effectively in business environments
- BSBPEF202 Plan and apply time management
- BSBSUS211 Participate in sustainable work practices
- BSBWHS211 Contribute to the health and safety of self and others
- BSBTWK201 Work effectively with others
- BSBTEC202 Use digital technologies to communicate in a work environment
- BSBOPS203 Deliver a service to customers
- BSBTWK301 Use inclusive work practices
- BSBCRT201 Develop and apply thinking and problem solving skills
Note: Electives may be subject to change.
In class, online or blended.
Delivery plans can be negotiated over 12, 18 or 24 months, depending on the year group and school.